Where it starts.

I haven't written in a long time.

Alright, that is partially incorrect. What I'm trying to say is that it's been years since I've visited the first blog my dad had created for me, that are now filled with poems made by a child who thought poetry was made of sentences that rhymed. The one thing that hasn't changed though, is my desire to write. I still feel the same joy I did seven years ago, tapping away at the keys on my keyboard. Obviously though, writing means much more to me now, than it did earlier, as now writing provides me with a sense of comfort that was absent back then. When I used to write those "poems", it was all based on a topic given by other people on the internet, and although there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, what I wrote was always forced, and in a desire to show the world that I could write at such a young age.

So this is my first attempt to get back into writing, by a (slightly more) mature person in me (I hope). As to the question of writing on my old blog? I think I'll let that be there as a constant reminder of why I started writing (and to all those early mornings and late nights of trying to find words that rhyme with each other), and maybe one day I'll go back to writing over there, but right now I don't think I'm ready to write there.

It is extremely hard, being my first post, to show how excited I am to get back into writing, and I hope this time, I don't stop.

Comments

  1. Welcome back to writing, Gaurang. Was really happy to read your 1st post - you have a gift for writing (maybe from your genes :) ) and I was amazed that you wrote so crisply and succinctly. The pleasure that I get from writing is undescribably elevating, and I wish you many hours of joy while you craft and polish your writing. Beat of luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Well begun is half done. Awaiting your posts.

    Also, I don't mean to be a grammar nazi, but I just can't ignore; Para 2, line 12 - "then" --> "than"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to read your blog. Am sure that this time you will have many thoughts to share.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment