Aesthetic designs.

I never understood the concept of designing one's surroundings unless to make it look pretty, until I joined the hostel. You see, in the hostel, a bright white tubelight in your third of the room, with two other tubelights lighting up an exceptionally crammed room which has barely any space to walk, never created a mood to study, until I walked into a friend's room, and saw one thing that I knew could create the mood I was looking for - a table lamp using an incandescent bulb.  Design isn't about making objects look prettier. Well it is, but it also is about creating an atmosphere that a person would have pleasure working in.

Come to think of it, even though I barely understand these modern concepts of abstract art in paintings and design, I now can appreciate it for the comfort it provides just being there. I think these small things, like paintings on your wall and your favorite color curtains hanging in front of the windows, are the things that create a homely feeling in our homes. Barren walls with just furniture sitting around, could never give the same homely feeling as flowers in a vase on the bookshelf, or a bright orange wall, partially covered with paintings would. 

Clearly though, my hostel has no intention of giving me that sensation of home, with a bed that doesn't fit my fairly long legs, and walls covered in the markings of previous students.

It is at times hard to get the inspiration to do an unexciting task such as studying, and to think a table lamp created the mood for me to study, and make me write this, I feel - is pretty impressive.

Image from: Here

Comments

  1. Sooooo nice Gaurii ❤ Dont worry will send your FAVOURITE PINK CURTAINS with Aanu :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you figured out the impact of lighting on one's mood. I did not know that until fairly late in my life! Well written Gaurang and kudos to your reading lamp for inspiring this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too good gauru. Lots of love, Amma :*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment