Study breaks.

With less than four days of my study break left, I've started questioning the whole point of study breaks. I find them to simply be the parent-friendly term for holidays. I personally have almost always studied more on normal working days than during study breaks. You see, the main problem is these study breaks aren't just a day or two, they're usually a couple of weeks, and anything more than a couple of days gives me a sensation of a mini-vacation. That usually means that I'll be curled up in one corner of the house with anything but a textbook.

The thing that brought me crashing back to reality was when a friend sent me a question in doubt. It took me down a rough guilt trip to think that the very people sitting next to me in class are working their behinds off while I master the art of procastrination. And as if the guilt driven by the fact that your classmates are studying insanely isn't enough, the question in doubt I receive is on a page of questions with almost every question neatly ticked off.

I internally groan, try to ignore the tick marks that are now popping at my eyes, and prod at the question in doubt. What added to my misery? I couldn't solve it. If there's anything that absolutely frustrates me, it's not being able to solve a question that I initially thought I could.

I sigh and set an alarm to wake up early to study as I hit the bed, my eyes now opened. I calm myself down, knowing this isn't the end of the world. There are four more days, what could possibly go wrong 😉?





Comments

  1. Good one, Gaurang . keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Hilarious. 👍🏼
    PS: i know you're already done with second year syllabus

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment