First year - A brief summary.

With just under a couple of months left for me to get through my first year of engineering, I thought it would be a great idea to sum up how the experience has been so far.

What's important to note is, I'm writing this, completely aware that I have an assignment submission due tomorrow. An assignment I was supposed to complete over the four day weekend that just flew by. The two days following tomorrow are filled with class tests that could affect my grades, and from next week I have my internals.

(If I was ever asked to describe a day in college in one paragraph, it would be the above paragraph.)

But college hasn't been just about meeting deadlines at the line. Looking back at the eight months of my engineering so far, time seems to have zipped by. 

I remember joining college, a nervous and socially awkward person, not knowing what to expect from what would be a remarkable experience. The first week was probably the hardest. Finding your group among a swarm of people isn't easy. Making your home in those people is even harder. It takes time for everything to piece together, but when it does, everything just seems to click.

I met a whole new bunch of people, with whom I'd go on to create terrific memories, crack stupid jokes, and spend most of my time with. People without whom attending classes would be way more dreadful than it is now. 

Academically, college is slightly on the easier side (if you don't go in with high expectations). Topics are more understandable and there's less to memorise. Formulae finally have sensible proofs. Labs are survivable with the right company. Most importantly, you're finally allowed to use a calculator. 

College is basically academics and friends. The former being impossible to get through without the latter. It's been an amazing experience so far, and I'm certainly looking forward to the next three years, and hoping they're as fun as these first eight months have been.

Comments

  1. Glad you are enjoying your time at the college, Gaurang. Loved reading this post. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment